Saturday, March 22, 2014 at 9 a.m.
Experience the level of personal attention from professors and staff that is the hallmark of a Stetson University education. Ranked in the "Top 5 Best Colleges in the South" by U.S. News and World Report, we are proud to continue our 130-year-old tradition of providing a superb academic experience within a friendly, close-knit community.
Please visit our Events Portal to schedule a campus visit or RSVP for another open house.
Questions? Ask StetsonAdmission on Facebook or @StetsonAdmit or tag #VisitStetson on Twitter. Use the #VisitStetson hashtag while taking pictures throughout the day of the event for enter Stetson's "Open House Pic of the Day" contest!
Open House Schedule
8:15 - 9 a.m.
Registration and check-in at the Hollis Center
9 - 9:30 a.m.
Opening Session - "Welcome to SU"
Joel Bauman, Vice President for Enrollment Management
Wendy B. Libby, Ph.D., President of Stetson University
9:30 - 10:30 a.m.
The Stetson Promise
Rodney San Jose, Executive Director of Admissions
10:45 - 11:45 a.m.
The Stetson Academic Experience: Students will attend a sample class and parents will learn about the Stetson experience:
- "Understanding Society: An Introduction to Sociology" with Sven Smith, Ph.D.
- "Stoichiometry: Describing Chemical Relationships that Participate in Chemical Reactions" with Paul Sibbald, Ph.D.
- "Competing in a Globalized Business World" with Jon-Michael Carrick, Ph.D.
- "Accounting: The Search for Answers" with Vincent Brenner, Ph.D.
- "Tension and Release: The Sounds We Have Not Yet Heard" with Noel Painter, Ph.D.
The Stetson Academic Experience: The Role of the Parents
- Beth Paul, Ph.D., Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Lua Hancock, Ed.D., Assistant Provost for Student Success
11:45 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Lunch with Campus Community
12:30 - 12:45 p.m.
Lunch speaker: Traditions and Vibrancy at Stetson
12:45 - 1:30 p.m.
1:30 - 2:00 p.m.
Meet with Admission Recruiters