Gender & Sexual Diversity Conference
The Gender and Sexual Diversity Conference provides a platform for critical dialogue about the intersection of social, political and theoretical dimensions of gender and sexual diversity. The conference will include Transgender Sensitivity Institute, plenary speakers on emerging and contemporary issues, breakout sessions and workshops.
- To form a supportive and inclusive community that provides connection and a sense of belonging for diverse students, faculty and staff.
- To enable faculty, staff and students to identify current issues, and learn new theoretical concepts and how to apply nuance that promotes positive gender and sexual diversity discourse/dialogue.
- To recognize the personal and relational impacts of being an ally and identify the resources available to better understand social justice issues related to gender and sexual diversity.
The cost for the conference includes breakfast and lunch.
The cost to attend the conference is as follows until February 25, 2015:
- University faculty and staff: $40
- Members of the community: $40
- Graduate students: $25
- Undergraduate students: $15
After February 25, 2015, the cost to attend the conference is as follows:
- University faculty and staff: $60
- Members of the community: $60
- Graduate students: $35
- Undergraduate students: $20
Financial hardship shouldn't be a deterrent from attending the conference. Scholarships to cover the registration fee for students are available. Please contact Yolany Gonell, director for diversity and inclusion, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Friday, March 13, 2015 - Institute:
Transgender Sensitivity Training for Law Enforcement and Mandated Reporters
Saturday, March 14, 2015 - Drive-in Conference
Plenary speakers, breakout sessions and workshops
The Stetson University Gender & Sexual Diversity Conference attracts an international audience of activists, academics and artists who showcase a range of creative and scholarly pursuits related to the investigation of genders and sexuality. All gender and sexual diversity-related proposals will be considered. We invite a diverse representation of approaches and participants, including faculty, graduate students, community members and undergraduate students. All formats will be considered, including paper presentations (15 minutes), panels (50 to 75 minutes), workshops, exhibitions and film screenings. Paper presentations will be organized into groups of three to four.
All speakers must register for the conference.
Make registration payable to Stetson University by purchase order, personal check, money order or credit card (TIN# 59-0624416).
Link to pay by credit card coming soon.
Mail payments to:
421 N. Woodland Blvd, Unit 8413
DeLand, FL 32723