We are the university's hub for all grants. The Office of Grants, Sponsored Research and Strategic Initiatives is there to assist with all areas of the grant proposal, including:
- Faculty and staff in finding and successfully competing for funding of their projects
- Projects and programs that advance Stetson's mission and strategic initiatives
- Faculty research, undergraduate research, service projects, and scholarly activities.
We can assist with:
- Researching and identifying funding opportunities
- Developing and reviewing proposals
- Interpreting guidelines
- Contacting program officers
- Establishing relationships with grant-making organizations
We can also help create collaborative opportunities between University departments. Other areas of involvement would include grant team facilitation, program officer liaison and grant submission.
Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee & Research Guidelines for Animal Use
This link directs you to the procedures for submitting an application for approval of a study that uses live vertebrate animals to Stetson’s Animal Care and Use Committee.
Research Guidelines for Animal Use
This link directs you to the guidelines for submitting research proposals involving some forms of living animals in experimentation and information on the University committee overseeing these studies.
The Office of Grants, Sponsored Research and Strategic Initiatives offers workshops twice a year; in the spring and fall. Past workshops have included:
- Finding Funding
- Elements of a Proposal and Research Workshop
- Grants in the Humanities
- Grants in the Sciences
- Grants to Fund Your Dreams
Workshops are announced through the Stetson community email system and signs around campus. For upcoming workshops, please check this webpage, or call Sayda Franklin at 386-822-7462.
For more information on student grants, please contact Carol Buckels, at 386-738-6686 or email@example.com.