Grants, Sponsored Research, and Strategic Initiatives
The primary role of the Office of Grants, Sponsored Research, and Strategic Initiatives is to support the university's faculty and student research, scholarships, and strategic projects (e.g., campus-wide initiatives). The office assists faculty, students, and staff in their efforts to achieve funding. We research and identify funding opportunities including government, private foundations, and corporate entities. Our goal is to develop a university culture that encourages, supports, and advances grant seeking and success.
We can assist with:
- Researching and identifying funding opportunities, developing and reviewing proposals, interpreting guidelines, and contacting and establishing relationships with grant-making organizations, including assistance if and when contacting a program officer is appropriate.
- Creating collaborative opportunities between university departments
Whatever your research needs, we can help. We will run searches any time you are looking for a particular grant opportunity.
If you're starting work on a proposal to an outside entity such as a foundation or government agency, start by completing the External Grant Form or contacting the grants office for any assistance you might need.
Carol G. Buckels, Director
- Federal Arts Grants
- Federal Business and Commerce Grants
- Federal Education Grants
- Federal Environmental Grants
- Federal Humanities Grants
- Collaborative, cross-disciplinary, and team-based public and private funding opportunities
- FICF/ICUF Grant Alerts
Grants Writing and Management Classes Available
Grant Writing USA will present two-day grants writing and management classes throughout the nation over the coming months. These trainings are applicable to nonprofit agencies and organizations applying for and receiving grants across all disciplines. You'll learn how to write grants and stay in compliance once you receive an award. Please contact the Grants Office if you plan to attend one of these classes. AND we may have funds to help offset some of your registration fee and expenses.