Housing and Residential Life
News and Updates
- Res-Hall Energy Wars are coming! Nov 18th to Dec 2nd residents are challenged to reduce electric energy consumption inside their rooms. Battle it out to see which building will have the best energy savings per resident. All buildings competing.
- Winter Break Closing: Information about closing for the semester, winter break and opening for spring is available on our Winter Break Information page.
- Looking to be an RA? The resident assistant (RA) selection process is open until January 16, 2014. For more information, visit the student employment page. The position description will guide you to the application. If you have any questions about RA Selection, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New Spring First Year and Transfer Students: Housing applications are available in Housing Central. Applications are due November 30.
- Micro-Fridge Liquidation Sale: $60 cash for gently used microwave-refrigerator combo units. Limited quantity left; first come first serve pick up during business hours at University Hall.
- Roommate Concerns: Remember to utilize your resident assistant and the roommate contract for any issues that may arise with your roommate.
- Housing Central is our student gateway for completing housing sign up/lease, forms such as request to live off campus, special accommodations, etc. Sign in using your university username and password.
- Laundry Machine Not Working?: Post a sign on it and inform our laundry vendor immediately by calling 1-888-MAC-GRAY (1-888-622-4729) or reporting it online at Mac Gray's website. UVA and Stetson Cove machines should be reported to email@example.com.
- Emergency Notification System: Make sure you are signed up at My Stetson (click on 'Students' then 'Hatter Alert Cell Phone' to complete the information).
Customer Service Survey
The Department of Housing and Residential Life at Stetson University is committed to serving our students and we value providing excellent customer service in all of our daily interactions. If you have recently had an interaction with our staff, we would appreciate if you could take a few minutes to fill out a quick customer service survey. We appreciate your feedback! Our customer service survey will only be checked quarterly. If you have something you need a staff member to respond to immediately, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact us at email@example.com or 386-822-7201.
Our communities foster student development and learning in a safe and inclusive environment through vibrant educational opportunities that challenge students to lead lives of significance.
Housing and Residential Life features:
- 23 Halls
- 1,900 Residential Students
- Pet-friendly housing
- Gender-neutral housing (where available)
- Four Living and Learning Communities (L.L.C.'s)
- Three-year residency requirement
- On-campus fraternity and sorority housing
- Two buildings in the DeLand Historic District
- 21 Cats, 32 Dogs and five small caged mammals