In order to apply for this program, students must have a bachelor's degree in accounting or the equivalent from a regionally accredited institution and have completed the business and accounting foundation courses listed below with a "C" or better. Students who studied business and took accounting courses must have their degree(s) audited by an enrollment advisor to determine if they qualify. Students must submit the following to the mailing address listed at right:
- Application form
- Application fee of $100 (we cannot make exceptions for alumni)
- GMAT score
- Official, sealed transcripts from all colleges and universities attended (we cannot make exceptions for alumni)
- Personal essay
- Three letters of recommendation
Successful candidates generally have an undergraduate and accounting GPA of at least 3.0 and a GMAT score of at least 520; however, meeting these minimum requirements does not guarantee admission. Waiver of a GMAT score will be considered for those who have passed the Uniform CPA exam prior to admission, who possess a graduate degree in a business (or related/equivalent) field (graduate business degrees must be earned from an AACSB-accredited institution), or who have significant, meaningful accounting-related or business-related work experience at the management level.
- Business finance
- Principles of financial accounting
- Individual Income Tax
- Intermediate Financial Accounting I and II
- Managerial/Cost Accounting
- Accounting Information Systems (or suitable MIS/CIS course)
- Advanced Accounting
- Corporate Tax
Advanced course requirements are ordinarily to be taken at Stetson University. The following general policy is applied by all directors of graduate business programs when awarding graduate transfer credit:
- A maximum of six hours of graduate credit is transferrable into a graduate degree program. In accordance with Stetson University policy, no transfer credit shall be awarded for courses taken at another institution during a term in which a degree-seeking student is enrolled at Stetson University .
- Only business or economics courses taken at an AACSB-accredited university and in which the student earned a grade of B or above are eligible for transfer. Pass/fail and internship courses are not eligible for transfer credit.
- Courses may not be transferred from a previously completed degree program.
- Graduate credit must have prior approval by the director of the graduate program and the appropriate department chair. Students may be required to present course descriptions and/or course syllabi for review.
- The director of the graduate program, in consultation with the appropriate department chair(s), will determine if a course is the equivalent of a current graduate program advanced requirement. If the course is not determined to be equivalent, the course may be given credit as a graduate elective, if approved by the director of the graduate program.
2145 MetroCenter Blvd Suite 400
Orlando, FL 32835