THE MUSEUM WILL BE CLOSED
DURING THE UNIVERSITY'S SPRING BREAK,
MARCH 2-6, 2015.
Recomposed: Environmental Installation
By Rachel Mathes '14
Opening September 27, Common Clay, and Otherwise, is an environmental installation by Rachel Mathes '14, which also features a display on Florida clay.
A Passion for Collecting: The Legacy of T. B. and Nellie Gillespie
Come learn about T.B. and Nellie Gillespie's life-long love for mineral collecting and how their hobby led to the eventual creation of the Gillespie Museum. The exhibit includes historical documents and pictures, many minerals from the historic collection, a timeline depicting the museum from birth to present day, and much more!
Science on Display
Science on Display features an interactive touchscreen computer and hands-on activities for scientists of all ages.
Dates at a Glance
- August 26 at 10 a.m.: Museum re-opens for fall 2014
- September 27 from 10 a.m. to 2pm: Smithsonian Museum Day
- October 9-10: Closed for Fall Break
- October 25 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Mostly Green Halloween
- November 8 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.: Rock at the Gillespie
- November 26-29: Closed for Thanksgiving Holiday
- February 7: Save a Sandhill III
- March 2-6: Closed for Spring Break
- March 21: Brain Awareness/Physics Extravaganza
- April 3: Closed for Good Friday Holiday
- April 18: Earth Day at the Gillespie