If you are in danger or feel threatened, call 911 or Public Safety at 386-822-7300.
About Hatter Alert
Hatter Alert is Stetson University's official emergency preparedness and notification website. You will find important information here regarding emergency procedures, and you will be notified through this website in the event of an actual emergency on campus. Click on the topics below for more information:
Sign Up for Hatter Alerts
To sign up for Hatter Alerts via phone call or text message, follow these steps:
- Sign in to My Stetson.
- Click on the Employees (for faculty and staff) or Students (for students) tab.
- Click on Hatter Alert Cell Phone Record (DeLand Campus Only).
- If applicable, you will see your current cell phone number on record. Click "Change Your Emergency Cell Number" to change your cell phone number.
- Active Shooter/Active Threat
- Bomb Threat
- Civil Disturbances
- Crime Prevention and Resources
- Fire/Fire Extinguisher Use
- Gas Leak - Fumes, Vapors
- Hazardous Materials - Pollutants Incident
- Hostile Intruder
- Lightning and Thunderstorm
- Medical Emergencies - CPR / Bleeding
- Medical Emergencies - Burns
- Power Outage
- Reported Weapon on Campus
- Suicide Threat
- Suspicious Package
- Tornado Emergency