Dear Hatter Parents,
Thank you for entrusting us with this portion of your student's life journey. I am so fortunate to be a part of this exceptional group of faculty, staff, and students who strive to live the mission of Stetson University every day.
We offer a broad-based support system to students as they navigate their time at the university. FOCUS Orientation Leaders, Resident Advisors, Personal Librarians, Academic Advisors, First-Year Seminar Instructors, Success Coaches and many others are ready and willing to serve as mentors. Passionate educators and dedicated campus life professionals further contribute to this close-knit learning community, an ideal place for students to discover their passions and realize their highest potential.
As a Stetson University parent, you automatically become a member of the Stetson Parents Association (SPA), which keeps you informed and helps you share in your student's college experience.
At Stetson University, we believe that parents are our partners in education- the Parent/Family Involvement page shares with you the learning outcomes we should both strive to help your student achieve. We value the supportive role parents play in their student's college experience and welcome your involvement along the way.
Feel free to contact me at any time.
Vice President of Student Affairs and Dean of Students
- Sat., Aug. 17- residence halls open for new students
- Sun., Aug. 18- residence halls open for returning students
- Mon., Aug. 19 and Tues., Aug. 20- academic advising and registration
- Mon., Aug. 19- start of FSEM classes
- Wed., Aug. 21- Convocation
- Thurs., Aug. 22- classes begin
- Wed., Aug. 28- add/drop deadline; last day to change meal plan selection
- Mon., Sept. 2- Labor Day (no classes)
- Thurs., Sept. 10 and Fri., Sept. 11- fall break (no classes)
- Mon., Oct. 28 and Tues., Oct. 29- registration for spring semester (upper class students only)
- Wed., Oct. 30- registration for spring semester begins (first-year students only)
- Tues., Nov. 19- end of FSEM classes
- Wed., Nov. 27- no classes
- Thurs., Nov. 28 and Fri., Nov. 29- Thanksgiving holiday (no classes)
- Fri., Dec. 6- classes end; class registration deadline
- Mon., Dec. 9 and Tues., Dec. 10- final examinations
- Thurs., Dec. 12 and Fri. Dec. 13- final examinations
- Sat., Dec. 14- all residence halls close
- Thurs., Jan. 9- residence halls open for new students
- Fri., Jan. 10 and Sat., Jan. 11- New Student Orientation
- Sun., Jan. 12- residence halls open for returning students
- Mon., Jan. 12- classes begin
- Mon., Jan. 20- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (no classes)
- Tues., Jan. 21- add/drop deadline; last day to change meal plan selection
- Mon., Mar. 3 - Fri., Mar. 7- spring holidays
- Mon., Mar. 31 - Fri., Apr. 4- academic advising for summer and fall semesters
- Mon., Apr. 7 - Wed., Apr. 9- registration for summer and fall semesters
- Tues., Apr. 15- Stetson Showcase (no classes except those after 5 p.m.)
- Fri., Apr. 18- Good Friday (no classes)
- Wed., Apr. 30- classes end
- Fri., May 2 and Sat., May 3- final examinations
- Mon., May 5 and Tues., May 6- final examinations
- Wed., May 7- all residence halls close at 3 p.m.
- Fri., May 9- Baccalaureate
- Sat., May 10- Commencement