Learning Outcomes Initiative
One of the goals of the student employment program at Stetson University is to encourage participating students to view their work as an opportunity to gain professional skills and strengthen their resume for post-graduate professional opportunities. In keeping with this goal, the Office of Student Financial Planning has developed a set of learning outcomes that should serve as a guide for student employees to maximize the benefits of their experience working on campus. Below are the official learning outcomes for the Stetson University student employment program.
Participants in the Stetson University student employment program should use employment as an opportunity to learn how to:
- Demonstrate an ability to communicate with persons inside and outside of the organization.
- Demonstrate an ability to work effectively with others
- Demonstrate an ability to make decisions and solve problems
- Demonstrate an ability to organize and prioritize work
- Demonstrate an ability to obtain and process information
- Demonstrate an awareness of appropriate professional behavior
Students will be expected to complete a pre and post- employment survey that will provide data to measure the effectiveness of the current program in achieving the stated learning outcomes. The pre-employment assessment is currently available online for students who will be participating in student employment during the fall 2013 semester. A post-employment assessment will be made available at a later date.